Travel like a local. See the places you’ve always dreamed of…but from a local’s perspective. Seriously…is it any better than that?
I’m thrilled to announce another awesome travel gift from ToursbyLocals.com … another $250 gift card! Enter below!
PS..the winner from August’s travel contest has been contacted…check your email to see if it was you!
My first time using a tour guide through ToursbyLocals.com was for an excursion while on a Disney cruise to Hawaii. Rather than pay for an excursion through the cruise line and be herded like sheep over the island, I looked at another alternative. You pay per group (not per person) with Tours by Locals – which is nice (especially if you have a large group like we did). In Hawaii, our tour guide walked us through some caves the bigger bus tours can’t get to, we watched active lava flow into the sea, stopped at a coffee plantation (not included on any of the cruise tours), watched turtles nest on the black beach, spent extra time walking along the lava rocks…the list goes on. It was an experience we will always remember.
I couldn’t believe things could actually grow in a lava field…who knew!
Here’s a few more reasons why I love doing tours through them:
- it’s more personal – one guide who knows my name, asks me what I’d like to do/not do
- bypass the large bus full of other vacationers and get to sites early
- itinerary can change easily
- the tour guide is really attentive to you…not worrying about everyone else on the bus or making sure we didn’t lose a couple (yes…I’ve been on tours where this happened)
- you get to see ‘more’…go places a big tour bus can’t
If you are headed on a trip soon – whether it’s a cruise or a trip you’re planning yourself, enter this contest…you’ll discover a new way to tour, trust me!
Ready to enter September’s contest…I have another $250 Gift card from Tours By Locals up for grabs…